Registered charity number 1169738 since October 2016.
A grassroots humanitarian movement dedicated to helping refugees and those fleeing war, focussing our limited resources in Greece, Iraq, aid to Syria and the UK.
As of June 2018 we have raised, since inception £163,000 plus taken in about £400,000 worth of aid (new and second hand)
We are now called ‘United to Assist Refugees UK’, we started off as the Wrexham, Chester and Merseyside Refugee Donations Coordination Group. We are now encouraging people everywhere to get behind our projects to support those suffering the consequences of war and violence.
We are “United to Assist Refugees UK” on Facebook Click here to go to our Facebook Group
Our focus/ projects are:
· Sending family hygiene packs, reusable sanitary towel packs and reusable nappy packs to Iraq for the camps there
· Food distributions – helping towards costs in various locations, most recently Turkey
· Medical cases/ operations and medical equipment
· Syrian Resettlement Program (UK) and local refugees
· Sending funds to the Chios People’s kitchen that cooks for the refugee school and distributes dry food packs in Vial camp
· Pampirakai Warehouse Athens – send funds for food as we have the funds
We have sent 2 x 40ft containers of aid from our warehouse and a hospital generator to Syria. We have paid £8,000 to repair the children’s unit of Sinjar Hospital, Iraq after ISIS looted and severely damaged it, leaving the kids with no healthcare. We have flown children out of Iraq working in an international team to get surgery or be reunited with mum. We have funded kitchens in two Greek Islands, have sent tonnes of donations to Greece, Syria, Iraq and elsewhere and we have visited and helped at camps in Macedonia and Slovenia and in Athens. So far the fundraising total is approaching £165,000
You can also donate at: http://www.gofundme.com/invisiblechild
Please have a look around the website as it details many ways you can help.